Astrography, workshop by hd.kepler. for ASFA
The workshop “Astrography” was specially conceived for Studio 11 of ASFA by the art & research platform hd.kepler. on writing and activating scores (instructions, notations). We developed a series of individual scores that leaded to a collective one through exercises, walks, recordings, dinners etc. with the students from May 1 to 3, 2019.
The rehearsal: A Collective Score
A group of people executes preselected scores prepared for a specific amount of time. The action starts when the title of the score is announced. The interpretation of the score may vary during the given time.
- Do whatever you want in the borders of the space.
- (Be) engage(d), be encage(d)
- Find the limits of the Οther.
- Slap somebody without slapping him/her.
- Please keep open the door with your body.
- Walk with Fibonacci.
- Draw a line on the Other from one point of their body to another. (The institution/artist provides natural skin colors pencils)
- Do the revolution of the space.
- Give an antigift.
- Read a book with attention while your eyes are closed.
- Caterpillar moves on the ground keeping its mass center very low. Fly is buzzing. If you see a caterpillar then be fly. If you don’t see a caterpillar then be a caterpillar.
Warm thanks to Marilena Aligizaki and Vasilis Vlastaras for their invitation.